Forty Piece of Teaching Joy - Week 2
1. Fun at auditions with kids giving it all.
2. A beautiful thank you gift from a beautiful colleague.
3. Approval to begin my Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation.
4. Students with great ideas helping me advance a performance piece to the next level.
5. A piece of advice from someone wiser then me.
6. Independent students willing to take risks with their grammar. Apparently full stops are no longer required
7. New opportunities.
8. Creating a skateboard-based lamb for a production….. yes, a lamb.
9. Learning new film techniques from students that have now surpassed me in this area.
10. Bouncing ideas back and forth with one of my senior students.
11. Creating production vision boards using Pinterest.
12. The arrival of the hotdog costume and the laughter that filled my classroom as a result.
13. Reading the work of a student and being moved to tears by its beauty.
14. A smile from a student whose smile I thought was long lost.
15. The kindness of the girls in my tutor group and the love they show each other.
16. The words, “Miss, we came to help you. What can we do?”
17. My colleagues allowing me to film them for a project.
18. A faculty that is easy going, open to ideas and supportive of each other.
19. Finding the right piece of music for a performance.
20. Videos uploading… finally!
21. Students extending themselves by taking on leadership roles in our school production.
22. Staff meeting snacks that doubled as my lunch.
23. Kids you know you can rely on.
24. A prank by my students that began with “Our subjects clashed for next year so we ended up with Food Tech instead of Drama”. Relief when this wasn’t the case. Clearly I have taught them some great acting skills.
25. Finishing a big project with my students on Homelessness. Check out their work at www.bustingthemyths.weebly.com . They want it to be shared across social media so I will start here.
26. Year 9 incursion freeing me up so I can smash through some paper work before the weekend.
27. Breakfast rehearsals.
28. Watching poetry slam with year 12... just because.
29. The view from my classroom – I can see angels.
30. The versatility of umbrellas. (Will share more at a later date about this one!)
31. Learning how to spell Tumblr properly. “There is NO e miss!”
32. Watching the hot dog dance. The joy.
33. Students returning permission notes on time. (Teachers will understand the joy in this. J)
34. Finding great talent at this weeks auditions.
35. The opportunity to recommend a student for a leadership position.
36. Being able to return a lost lunch to a hungry kid.
37. The stillness in my classroom after lunch.
38. Seeing students take pride in their work.
39. Google drive.
40. The final bell for the week. I am exhausted!