Twenty Pieces of Teaching Joy - Week 6
1. Love and praise from my colleagues about our Creative Arts Evening.
2. A card of thanks and a bottle of wine from Year 7.
3. Students that help me clean up the aftermath of Friday night without a single complaint.
4. Listening to my Year 12’s speak about what home means to them.
5. A beautiful email from a parent.
6. The way exam supervision forces you to stop and slowdown.
7. Marking exams and finding this sentence – “A man who understands how to manipulate these elements and bring a character to life goes by the name Stanislavski.”
8. Reading Year 12’s proposals for their major projects. So much creativity.
9. Choreographing some exceptional dancers for an upcoming liturgical dance. (Ok… maybe I didn’t choreograph, maybe I just supervised, but I loved watching them!)
10. Marking all of Year 10’s papers in one day. #10minutesofmarkingisusuallymylimit
11. Year 9 character profiles.
12. Time to clean up my desk. #firsttimethisyear
13. Laughter at rehearsals. Lots and lots of joy!
14. Left over money in my budget allowing me to book Lisa Mangion to run a SFX workshop with Year 10. So excited!!
15. Colleagues that give their all to try and make staff meetings worthwhile and interesting.
16. An amazing construction of a piece on Sudoku and The Thousand Paper Cranes by one of my seniors.
17. Year 9’s popping in to see me at lunchtime because they have missed me this week. :)
18. The desperate measure this student has taken not to ensure the safety of her HSC logbook....
20. Out ‘ogring’ a student…. as in we had a battle of ogre acting and I won. #itsadramateacherthing
Oh... and taking some much needed time-out for myself.
Twenty Pieces of Time-Out Joy - Week 6
1. Slow mornings.
2. Camomile tea.
3. Café, coffee and croissants.
4. The sound of rain falling outside my window.
5. Reading a book for pleasure.
6. A chance to start the Christmas shopping.
7. Bubble baths.
8. Taking time to cook a nutritious food
9. Watching my thank you flowers change throughout the week.
10. Playing elastics with my daughters.
11. Reading Enid Blyton together before lights out.
13. A glass (or two) of bubbles.
14. Clean sheets on the bed.
15. My cat curled up at my feet.
16. More tea.
17. Picking the girls up early from school. (Well earlier then I usually can!)
18. Long hugs on the couch.
19. Wearing my ‘Love is my Superpower’ shirt. (More on this some other time.)
20. Saturday morning sleep ins.